AUG Elektronik Gmbh, from Austria is in the process of making a new Micro Framework based development board. According to the specifications, it looks like a real killer! Plenty of memory and an OLED Display in a nice high resolution.
Andreas Schloffer from AUG, informs me that the capacitive keypad mentioned in the specs. is a transparent keypad which makes it possible to place the display behind a glass surface to make sure that the system is vandal safe and still use the touch functionality. You do not use both the resistive keypad and the capacitive keypad at the same time.
You can find more info on the company homepage here: AUG Elektronik Gmbh
Some of the specifications (from the technical product sheet) are:
- Atmel AT91SAM9261 (200 MHz)
- 160 kB SRAM (internal)
- 64 MB SDRAM
- 256 MB NAND Flash
- 3.4” OLED Display 480x272, 24 BPP RGB
- resistive touch screen (SPI)
- capacitive sensor keypad (16 keys, I2C)
- 4 serial Ports (2 RS-232, 1 RS-485, 1 Debug RS-232)
- 10/100 MBit Ethernet Auto-MDI
- I2C Bus
- SPI Bus
- battery backed realtime-clock (I2C)
- several (15) free GPIOs (more depend on peripherals)
.NET Micro Framework 3.0
USB Host (Note 1)
USB Device (Note 1)
Micro SD-Card slot (Note 1)
single 5 V power supply
PowerOverEthernet PoE power supply (optional)
Note 1: Features are not yet implemented in MF core or in the AUG port!